Well yesterday I performed our internal communication systems which were a mix of hosted exchange and on prem office communicator to Microsoft Online Services with BPOS.
I used all of the very cool and well oiled tools……
- csv files to import all users into the system that wend very smooth
- migration tool set to migrate form Hosted Exchange & IMAP to BPOS exchange
- powershell to set mailbox permissions
I have a few disappointments in BPOS but I can;t really complain for the cost of it……..
- Communicator mobile does not work presently but is rumored to in the future
- Templates are limited in sharepoint, but you can add in anything to your sites which do note require server side changes.
- No custom branding on the login screens or sharepoint names
Very cool things……
- BES is kind of supported……no interface for it but you can get BES support for individual users
- Signing tool configures everything correctly and works nicely
- All support has been quick and corrected in a very timely manner
- and best of all i have a 25G cloud based full exchange mail box now…..nice…..
Now planning for next migration.